(FB2) Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes : 9783638662246

スポンサーリンク

ホーム フォーラム ブログに関する感想やご要望など (FB2) Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes : 9783638662246

このトピックには0件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。3 年、 5 ヶ月前 Jessica Greer さんが最後の更新を行いました。

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #2088返信

Jessica Greer

Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes
    by Helena Schneider

📕 Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes · READ MORE 📕

• Publisher: Grin Verlag
    • Release date: July 4, 2007
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 28 pages
    • ISBN: 9783638662246 (3638662241)
    • Author: Helena Schneider

About The Book

Essay from the year 2002 in the subject English Language and Literature Studies — Literature, grade: A, Manchester Metropolitan University Business School (Department of Modern Languages), course: Seminar “20th century writing in English” Course: EFL and English Literature, 5 entries in the bibliography, language: English, abstract: “When I look back on my childhood I wonder how I survived at all. It was, of course, a miserable childhood: the happy childhood is hardly worth your while. Worse than the ordinary miserable childhood is the miserable Irish childhood, and worse yet is the miserable Irish Catholic childhood.” ( p. 1 ) These sentences at the beginning of Angelas Ashes summarize very briefly what this novel is about: the survival of a miserable Irish Catholic childhood. Indeed this childhood was shaped by a strict religious upbringing, by poverty and starvation, humiliating experiences, diseases and even death. So what does make this story an exception worth to be read? It obviously must have to do something with "survival". How come the hero of this story did not go mad like one of his classmate's mother who had regularly been carried to the lunatic asylum? How come he did not resign like his mother permanently desperate over their miserable situation? Why did he not become like his father and many other Irish men described in the book, drinking their wages and singing sad songs about brave soldiers ready to die for Ireland? Was he just lucky or where there any special factors which enabled him to come through the first 19 years of his life? What are the reasons for his pure physical but also mental survival? In this essay I am trying to find possible answers to all the questions raised above by analysing Franks relationship to his family, especially to his father and mother, and to other people who played an important role in his life.

FictionBook book Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes. EPUB ebook Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes Helena Schneider buy cheap for Mac on Powells. TXT Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes download. MP3 book Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes by Helena Schneider read PC on Books-a-Million. Hardback Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes on Kobo.

FB2 ebook Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes by Helena Schneider read online on PocketBook. MOBI book Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes Helena Schneider buy for iOS. PDF ebook Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes download on Booktopia. Hardcover Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes by Helena Schneider iPhone. Online Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes read online on Book Depository.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (FB2) Survival factors in Frank McCourt�s Angela�s Ashes : 9783638662246
あなたの情報:

タイトルとURLをコピーしました