ホーム フォーラム ブログに関する感想やご要望など (MOBI) Annie Duke by Annie Duke

このトピックには1件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。3 年、 1 ヶ月前 saku-nana さんが最後の更新を行いました。

2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #3922返信

Ashton Little

Annie Duke
    How I Raised, Folded, Bluffed, Flirted, Cursed, and Won Millions at the World Series of Poker

by Annie Duke, David Diamond

🔥 Annie Duke · READ MORE 🔥

• Language: english
    • Genres: memoir, biography
    • Format: hardcover, 260 pages
    • ISBN: 9781594630125 (1594630127)
    • Release date: September 8, 2005
    • Publisher: Hudson Street Press
    • Author: Annie Duke, David Diamond

About The Book

The top-ranked female poker player in the world reveals an insider’s view of the World Series of Poker, a glimpse of her fascinating journey to the top, and keen analysis of winning hands

From the Introduction

I never set out to become a professional poker player.

I was schooled at St. Paul’s School, where my father taught English; Columbia University, where I majored in psychology and English literature, and the University of Pennsylvania, where, at twenty-six, I was nearing completion of a PhD in psycholinguistics.

The afternoon before I was scheduled to meet the academic committee for a job interview, I drove my Honda from Philadelphia to New York, to see my mother. She wanted to have a little pre-celebration for a future that was mine for the taking, an academic career that would ooze prominence and prosperity.

Once inside the apartment, suddenly, a dam burst. A simple tin trash can stood below my mother’s desk; I leaned over and hurled into it, again and again. The diagnosis? I was afraid to grow up.

That’s when I ran away. Without a word of explanation, I fled to Montana, to marry a man I had never dated. And then, when money got tight and I felt beaten down by life in a leaky shack with minimal hot water, I got into my Honda and drove fifty-one frontier miles to the Crystal Lounge, in Billings. I sat down at the poker table, among thick- fingered cowboys and boozing rednecks, slipped off my shoes, tucked my bare feet under my butt, and as the dealer tossed me an Ace-Queen, I knew I was home.

This is where my life begins.

Annie Duke takes readers deep into the World Series of Poker as she wins millions, becoming the only woman to ever win two major tournaments in one year.

MP3 book Annie Duke Annie Duke. FictionBook Annie Duke read PC on Barnes & Noble. Paperback ebook Annie Duke by Annie Duke buy for Kindle on Books-a-Million. Online book Annie Duke download. MOBI Annie Duke read online on reader.

Hardcover ebook Annie Duke by Annie Duke buy cheap on Kobo. Hardback book Annie Duke Annie Duke on Booktopia. TXT ebook Annie Duke download Mac. PDF Annie Duke read. EPUB book Annie Duke by Annie Duke download for PocketBook on Bookshop.

#5526返信

saku-nana

The Unvanquished : Howard Fast : 9781563245954

2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
返信先: (MOBI) Annie Duke by Annie Duke
あなたの情報:

タイトルとURLをコピーしました